Monday, May 21, 2007

Kids say the cutest things!!

Carleigh has made us laugh every hour with the funny with things that she says or does. She has been really goofy today. She was sitting on her knees and hopping which really made Cody laugh. Then after she saw Matt go outside on the porch, she waves at me and says "Bye bye Mommy" and goes to the doorknob and heads outside.

As I was bending on the floor to pick up thrown food, she slaps me on the back and says "Burp!" She has had a huge interest with eating with forks and spoons although it is hit or miss. I give her lots of practice and it motivates her to eat more. Today they ate a large meatloaf slice, baby potatoes and rice for dinner and then wanted fruits snacks for dessert. I just wish some of that would stay on their bones instead of being burned off as energy!

Cody had an eye appointment this morning and his vision hasn't deteriorated! However, the dr. seems to think the reason why he doesn't wear his glasses are due to the stem of the glasses curves over his ear and bothers him. So we are getting new glasses without the long circular stem. I will buy ANY PAIR if he keeps them on! This is his last week of preschool. Thursday is his last day. I can't believe how fast this school year has gone! I have 8 more school days (2 weeks) and it cannot get here any faster!

We are gearing up for our trip to Virginia Beach. We leave Sunday, June 10th and will come back Friday, June 15th. It will be Cody and Carleigh's first trip to a beach and an ocean and Matt's first time to Virginia Beach. My parents are going and it will be great to have two extra people to lend a hand with our two (and we are hoping to get to take a date while we are down there!). Our hotel is right on the beach and our room has an ocean view with a balcony. We are also hoping to go to Holiday World in Indiana with Matt's family later in the summer. What a fun summer it will be!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for summer fun myself. We go to Indiana Beach at the end of the summer, staying in a cabin at Jellystone. The kids love swimming in the pool, making s'mores, etc. And the park is EMPTY then.

Virginia Beach sounds wonderful too. Wish I were going.
Blessings,
~Toni~