Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!



Today can be a sad and empty day for those who are waiting to become mothers. It is a bittersweet day for me as I can still remember and feel those same feelings of wondering when I was going to become a mommy. I thank God that I can celebrate being a mother of two! I am praying for all those who are waiting with empty arms, may God bless you with your chosen child.


My mom and dad, sister, brother in law, neice Brittany, boyfriend Jeremy, Matt, Cody, Carleigh and I went to Tumbleweed for a Mother's Day dinner. It was a nice dinner. On a funny note, we were dipping tortilla chips into salsa and Carleigh was carefully observing all of us. Then she grunted and wanted us to put the dip in front of her so that SHE could dip her chips like all the grownups!! It was so cute! And then Cody took his cue and did the same thing. Boy are the learning at lightning speeds!


We went to a church picnic at a church family's house last evening and Cody and Carleigh had a blast! Carleigh was hitting baseballs off of a tee with a baseball bat. Matt and I already think she could be a great softball pitcher because she can throw VERY well (um, too well in my opinion!). I think we might buy some baseball gear now that it has sparked an interest in both of them.


Before going to the cookout, I watched my niece Brittany get ready for the prom. She looked so beautiful and she and boyfriend make a cute couple. It seems like yesterday when I was changing her diapers and babysitting her on the weekends when I was a teen. Time really flies by!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the church picnic was a blast. I love outings like that. And your niece looks so pretty. LOVE the silver flats and her crown.

Time truly does fly by waaaaaay too fast. That's why we have to drink in every possible moment with our children while we can. Thanks for that reminder.
Blessings,
~Toni~