Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Scrapes and burns

Last week, Cody tripped and fell into the corner of a wall and scraped his face from the edge of his eye to the middle of his left cheek. Last night, he decided to kiss a lighbulb that was on! So now he looks like he has been through a battle! I feel really bad about the burn. He was in my bedroom because I thought he needed a change of scenery. I turned my back for just a second and I heard a wailing! At first, I thought he burned his hands but I looked them over carefully and nothing was red. Then, about 20 minutes later, I noticed the skin on his lip had peeled and the skin was bright red underneath. He can zip from one area to the next in a matter of a split second. I guess I need to get in better shape and grow eyes in the back of my head. I really worry about him and his safety since he has special needs and has poor spatial awareness. We have safeguarded the house the best that we can possibly with our circumstances of the house's dimensions. If we ever build a house, I have a LOT of ideas on how to prevent further accidents like these. The school nurse called because his teachers thought that he might have falled on the sidewalk at school. Matt explained what happened. So this evening, we went to get some topical ointment that has antiobiotics. It looks like it might be a second degree burn. Thank goodness it is only on the tip of his lip and covers a half-inch area. My poor boy!

No comments: