Sunday, April 15, 2007

ABCs

Cody and Carleigh are now officially addicted to "Sesame Street." We have a DVD that is all about the alphabet. Now that we have watched it a gazillion times, they can now identify several letters. Carleigh knows A,B,C, D, H and I. Cody can identify A, B, and Y. I was wearing a shirt that said "OHIO" on it and Carleigh got into my lap touched the letter H and said "H!" And then she said "I"! I was shocked as I really haven't worked on the alphabet with either of them. This has motivated me to do some extra activities in the summer with the alphabet, letters and shapes. I have also seen Cody advance in certain areas. He is getting an interest in coloring, loves books, points to objects, grunts when he wants something and now he can say "more" and "car." I think it is real beneficial that Cody has his little sister who is talking which motivates him to say more words. His new latest thing is to sleep with Mickey Mouse and Elmo. He loves hugging them and carrying them around the house. Carleigh's newest word is "No!" and loves telling me no all the time! Typical toddler right?!!

No comments: