Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blessing in Disguise??

Cody's Adoption Bash was scheduled for today after church. We received 4 inches of snow yesterday. (Um, yes, more snow added to the 6 inches and ice that we already had!!) So, we trudged out last night to buy the cake and order the balloons. When we got home, my sister called to say that church was cancelled due to our parking lot being a sheet of ice and added with snow. I was irate to say the least! I had to call everyone and tell them it is postponed until NEXT Sunday. I also had to call the party outlet and postpone the balloons pickup until next Sunday morning. Then there was the issue with the cake...what to do with a cake that we just bought?? Well, we may be able to freeze it and keep it at my friend's house until next Sunday. After I get everything squared away, Matt yells for me to come to the living room. Cody was vomitting! My poor baby came down with the stomach bug all of a sudden! He was also running a fever. After giving him Tylenol, he fell asleep in Matt's arms in a matter of 5 minutes! He is doing a little better today and has taken 9 ounces of juice this morning. He doesn't have alot of energy but his temperature is down. I guess the party being postponed until next Sunday is a blessing in disguise since Cody wouldn't be able to enjoy his party anyway.

1 comment:

Toni said...

What a stressful day. I know how disappointed you must be feeling, Jen, after waiting sooo long for this important BIG day. Praying next Sunday is a BEAUTIFUL, perfect late winter day to celebrate Cody's adoption. And praying that he feels better very soon.
Blessings,
~toni~