Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What a week and it is only Wednesday!

What a week it has been and it is only half-way over! Last weekend, my mom came down with what sounded like an upper respiratory infection that she caught from my dad. Well, Monday morning she called me at school saying she really wasn't up to watching Carleigh while I took Cody to the ENT for his tongue to be clipped. So, my sister watched Carleigh on her lunch break until my niece Brittany came home from school. Britt watched her until we got back from the ENT. At the ENT's office, all was well until we went back into the examining room. Cody became extremely bored with sitting in a swivel chair for 20 minutes. Can you really blame a 2 year old? The doctor came in, scooped him up, and took him to another part of the building for the procedure. I waited for 10 minutes, and I heard Cody's distinctive cry. He was crying down the hallway and when the nurse brought him back, he had blood coming out of his mouth and had blood on his little hand. I wanted to cry, of course, but was strong for the little guy. He reached his arms out, wanting his momma. He cried for about 5-10 minutes until I strapped him into the carseat. Then, he became a normal little boy. He ate extremely well that evening considering having his little procedure. While I am talking to my sister in law, Connie beeps in stating that Dad called on Mom's cell phone saying that they put mom into the hospital. So, Connie and I go to the ER. We find out that while Mom was at the dr's office in hopes of getting some medicine for her respiratory infection, the dr. gave her a new drug in a breathing treatment and found out that she was highly allergic to. It made her quit breathing so the dr had to give her 3 shots in her stomach to counteract the medicine. The dr. called 911 and an ambulance took mom to the Mercy Hospital. She was admitted that night and has been in the hospital ever since. She is hoping to get out of the hospital tomorrow or Friday. Because my mom is my babysitter, we were in a dilemma over babysitters. Due to their current "foster child" status, I can't allow just anyone to watch them. So, Matt took off yesterday, and I am taking off for the rest of the week. Matt and I are both scheduled to be off on Friday due to Cody and Carleigh's genetic appointment at Cincy Children's. I am enjoying my days off, but it is not so nice since it is an unpaid time off. I am hoping and praying that Mom gets well soon and can begin babysitting on Monday. Hopefully the rest of the week will be very uneventfull!!

No comments: