Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Eventful Evening

We finally received some much needed rain with a bit of lightning this afternoon and early evening. All of a sudden, I heard a LOUD pop and I figured the lightning hit something! Then I started back to doing my business and went shopping for a few things. We find out out that a transformer exploded and our power went out. Well, since it was still out, I went up to my sister's and we were talking to neighbors on her porch when the transformer exploded again! It scared all of us out of our minds!!

When the kids arrived home from church, Mr. C was NOT happy about his piano not working. At one point, I didn't know what was worse...the piano or Mr. C's wailing because said piano was not working! *sigh* A trip to Sonic changed everyone's mood and the flashlights entertained them until the power came back on a few minutes before 10pm.

Once the power came back on, Mr. C went around the family room hugging and kissing his piano, the tv, his bedroom. He said "My piano! My tv!" He was so happy that the things he cherishes were working again!

Ahhh, another exciting night on our quiet little lane!!

No comments: