Thursday, June 09, 2011

Letting Go and Letting God

Yesterday proved to be an absolutely AWFUL day! Everything started out typical. Everything was normal until I woke up Cody and he seems dis-oriented and a little angry. After getting up, he started laying on the couch or floor and refusing to walk and play. Refusing donuts is a BIG sign that he was not feeling well. At first we thought it was just allergies, but as the day progressed, we realized it was something worse. Matt took him to Urgent Care while Carleigh and I were cleaning. Matt calls to say that Cody has strep. Nice. Right. Before. The. Trip.

At this point, I just stopped and prayed and put it in the Lord's hands. I really have no control over things like this. I just have to trust Him and see that He will work His amazing healing power over my sweet boy. Cody hasn't been around many people the past few days....just church on Sunday and therapy on Tuesday. We're still wondering how he really got it! Now we are just praying that no one else comes down with it

No one slept well last night except for Cody. Carleigh was sleeping-walking, Matt was sleeping in the family room so he could hear Cody in case he needed him. I tossed and turned. So at 6am, I was awake, got up and checked on him. He woke up and wanted me to hold him so I picked him up and we gave him his second dosage of antibiotics. Then, he became a different boy! He drank an entire juice box and wanted more! He actually ate one donut and got up and started to play! Thank you Lord!!!

We leave this evening on our trip of a lifetime! Please keep us in prayers for safe travels and health!

1 comment:

happyadoptingmom said...

Praying for everyones health and for a safe, fun trip!