Friday, June 03, 2011

Last Day of School

Today was my last day of school for the year. It was so bittersweet because I soooooo loved this class! When I gave out the awards at the awards ceremony, it took all the strength I had not to cry. They calmed and soothed my teacher spirit this year after having quite a challenging group last year! There's something special about the last day of school. It was the last time that all of my students would be in the same class together....some were moving and some were going to another school. Goodbyes are so very hard and knowing that I won't be seeing some of them next year was very sad!! I think that is the hardest part of teaching, knowing you have to let them go at the end of the year.

My kiddos enjoyed their first full day of summer vacation! They enjoyed playing with Daddy outside and are quite dirty. This weekend, we will be cleaning the house, organizing and starting the adventure of packing. Fun Fun Fun!!!

No comments: