Sunday, March 06, 2011

They have each other....

Yesterday, I saw Cody sitting on the couch with his arm around his sister. It was precious to watch. Later that day, Carleigh puts her arm around Cody and says "You're my best friend Cody!" Priceless! There are days that I struggle with parenting two children with challenging behaviors, but this makes it all so very worth it.

I am so very glad that they have each other as siblings as well as having a full-biological link between the two of them. It doesn't matter to them now, but later on, it will be so valuable. I am thankful to have a sister, but times I wish there wasn't such an age gap. Most of the time, they are "twins" in a lot of ways. Despite annoying each other, they do care for each other very much. Ahhhh!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Yes, it's a beautiful thing indeed. My two girls have behavioral issues that having them sparring most of the time. It's difficult to deal with (since I have to address it so often). I pray they come to realize how truly BLESSED they are, that God placed them in the same adoptive family. Like your adoption, it was not a sibling group adoption so it's amazing and a huge blessing that they (and Brandon) ended up in the same home.
blessings,
Toni