Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bike Trail




Since it was the last gorgeous day for awhile, we decided to hit the bike trail. Less than 5 minutes into walking, we ran into our friends Shannon and Niki. It was funny because I didn't recognize them at first and was wondering why a woman was stopping in front of me. Then not 10 minutes later, we ran into Matt's friend from church. He walked with us with his bike.

We walked a total of over 4 miles. I could've gone longer but the kids were exhausted. Carleigh was fast asleep before we left the park. And I had to carry Cody the last 200 yards (wouldn't be able to do that 5 months ago.)

This was just the beginning of many walks this spring and summer. We had a wonderful time and saw some interesting sights!!

This brought me to nostalgia and I was thinking about when Matt and I were dating. We used to walk this same bike trail a LOT! In fact, on April 1, 1997, Matt proposed to me at a bench near the dam with the sun setting (yes, very romantic indeed and quite surprising because I wasn't suspecting a proposal on the bike trail or on April Fools' Day).

Walking the trail this time around was quite different indeed!

1 comment:

Toni said...

LOVED the photos. And your bike trail looks alot like the one we walk on (that first photo could have been taken at an identical spot on our trails.) I'm impressed that the kids made it 4 miles. And how special that you can show them the spot where you got engaged.
Blessings,
Toni