Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Update to our meeting

We met with our lawyer for the first time today. She took down all the information so that she could do the paperwork. We meet with her again on Thursday to sign all the papers. She will file for an adoption finalization court date on Friday! So, we should hear when our court date will be on Friday. Praise God!! I am just so thankful for a quick lawyer so that we can get this process over with!! Our lawyer was estimating a February 12th date since it would be about 30 days after her filing in court. What a great early Valentine's Day present that would be. I will post when I know for sure. Now, my thoughts are on planning the Adoption Bash!!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Jenn,
I got a huge lump in my throat, reading your posts and looking at the photos of the kids.

I was saddened to learn that Cody's adoption is not yet finalized, but sooooo happy to discover you're only weeks from that happening. PRAISE GOD! I can imagine how your hearts must be soaring over this.

I also got that nostalgic "mommy tug", remembering your excitement over news that Cody would be joining your family. Can it be? Can he really be this big already? Sniffle, sniffle.

And Carleigh is adorable as well. Oh, how I need to catch up with everyone at HP. Stories like yours leave me hungering for more.
I miss you and I'm THRILLED for you that Cody's adoption is now nearing completion. WOW! I'm tearful just thinking about it.
Blessings,
~Toni~