Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bigs news is coming next week...

We had our monthly visit with the caseworker and Cody's adoption worker. We should be hearing about Carleigh's permanent custody trial verdict next week and Friday is the deadline for an final appeals in Cody's case. So next week will be a big week in our family! It seems like adoption finalization is VERY close for Cody! Praise the Lord!! And Carleigh will be moving into the adoption unit and out of the foster care unit this month if the PC verdict is in our favor (which we are almost positive will be).

I am just so thankful for my two precious miracles from God. If it weren't for infertility, we would've never adopted. In a way, I am thankful for infertility because I wouldn't be blessed by Cody and Carleigh if we didn't struggle with IF. November is National Adoption Awareness Month and I wanted so much to finalize Cody's adoption this month, but the timing didn't work out. I just want to encourage everyone that adoption is such a loving way to build your family. I have been touched this year in my classroom with two families who are in the process of adopting internationally. One of the families have adopted two of their children from foster care and now will be adding a child from China. I am just amazed at how God placed these students into my classroom at the time in which we will be finalizing our children's adoptions.

No comments: