Monday, October 02, 2006

The most beautiful words to write down...

are Cody Matthew Schmidt! I got to write Cody Matthew Schmidt on adoption financial paperwork for the first time tonight! Words cannot express the joy in my heart right now! For over 2 years, I have waited patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) to begin to fill out our adoption finalization papers. It has been such a long journey with Cody. I have had fears and worries for almost 3 years now. But I thank the Lord that He has placed Cody into our family permanently! On September 18, the appeals court upheld our agency's decision to terminate the birthparents parental rights. If no other appeals are made, we will be finalizing Cody's adoption in 3-4 months! I am hoping for a near to Christmas or early January 2007 court date. It almost seems unreal that we are completing paperwork for his adoption and I am just so thankful for this precious, sweet special needs child that God has given Matt and I. Cody's middle name will be "Matthew" because Matthew mean "gift from God." He truly is!

No comments: