Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Settling In

We are settling in to our new home and it's going great. I think the biggest transition is getting used to "cul de sac" life. For the past 16 years, we have been used to not having neighbors in close proximity nor having lots of kids next door. We have children on both sides, across the cul de sac and a few down the street. This is not a total as there is one empty house two houses down that could possibly have children in the near future.

My wonderful Dad helped build our wooden gate and now we are ready for the kids to play safely without fear of them getting out without our knowledge. PLUS, now we can get a dog we have been waiting for for like FOREVER! We looked a few shelters and pet stores. We fell in love with a Maltese very similar to my sister's little Lucy, but I wasn't paying a $1300 for a puppy!! So we are still searching. I have a few leads online that I hope really pans out. The kids cannot wait to get a puppy! And Matt and I are very excited too!!

We are looking forward to a 3 day weekend and summer vacation that is coming soon! I hope to have all the boxes unpacked and out of our garage by the end of June. Let's hope it happens!!

No comments: