Monday, November 05, 2012

National Adoption Month

Yesterday was Orphan Sunday which was a day to advocate help and adoption of orphans worldwide. November is also National Adoption Month. It's very special to me because we adopted our daughter on our county's National Adoption Day 5 years ago. I cannot believe that it has been 5 years! She was 2.5 years old and now she will be 8 in a few months. Time flies!!

Adoption created our family and it will always be very special to me! Adoption is found in Scripture and it is amazing how many times it is mentioned.

All teachers lead one or two devotions each year and last Wednesday God put this very topic on my heart and that was the theme of my devotion. I placed pictures of my two kiddos on the table and passed around Cinderella's adoption book.

As the kids are getting older, I am bringing up adoption more and how they became a part of our family. Mr. C just doesn't fully understand yet, but I think Cinderella is starting to somewhat understand. We had such a special time this weekend just cuddling and talking about it.


No comments: