Saturday, June 24, 2006

June Happenings

It's been awhile since I have posted updates. Carleigh is recuperating from an ear infection and the croup. She has been such a sickly little girl this Spring. She won't share toys but she will share germs with her big brother Cody. Now Cody has a cough and runny nose. It isn't as bad as Carleigh's but I am keeping a close eye on it. We are leaving for Nashville on Thursday evening. We plan on going half-way and then finding a hotel to spend the night. That way, we do not have to get up too early. We should be in Nashville by noon. Why are we going to Nashville you ask? We are meeting up with 4 other foster/adoptive families whom Jennifer met on her infertility support message boards. It will be great fun meeting everyone for the first time. We will be there from Friday until Monday. We want to be back in town for the 4th of July. This month, Cody received his 1st pair of glasses on June 21. He didn't like them at first. Now he will wear them unless his little sister pulls them off his face. She doesn't understand why her big brother has to wear them. It makes him look so studious and older! Carleigh is making big strides in her physical and social development. She is pulling up to a stand and trying to cruise the furniture. She is crawling and getting into absolutely everything. Her little sassy personality is coming out! She is shy to those she doesn't know but warms up and give you this sly grin when she does something she shouldn't. She is trying to say "baby" and it is so cute when she does! Cody is trying to say "ball." I have been giving them extra therapy at home this summer. They will have water therapy once a month at the JCC. This Tuesday, I will be bringing my mom or niece to help with the water fun. I am so enjoying my summer with them. Carleigh wants to cling to me and if I leave the room, she will cry. She is such a cutie pie and my little man is growing into a big boy!

No comments: